Am 21.09.2016 um 09:21 schrieb Παναγιώτης Λεόντιος:
Hello.

What do you mean by that?

that "I DON'T see any packages to install" indicates you have no clue how to operate a linux system?

I have installed a Kali Image (OVA fle) in Virtualbox, executed the first
command, but the second took TOO LONG and at some point it stopped running any
more...

I plan to repeat the series of commands as instructed in OpenVAS page (package
installation).

Any problem with that?

do youself and us a favor and switch to the mailing list of your linux distribution since that's all not a openvas topic

-----Original Message-----
From: Openvas-discuss [mailto:openvas-discuss-boun...@wald.intevation.org] On
Behalf Of Reindl Harald
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 4:01 PM
To: openvas-discuss@wald.intevation.org
Subject: Re: [Openvas-discuss] Kali OpenVAS Packages Installation

Am 20.09.2016 um 12:38 schrieb Παναγιώτης Λεόντιος:
Being on the
https://www.kali.org/penetration-testing/openvas-vulnerability-scannin
g/ page trying to install OpenVAS 8.0 packages onto Kali, I DON’T see
any packages to install, anywhere in the page

you don't download and install packages on a sane operating system - guess what
the grey boxes with shell commands are for....

root@kali:~# apt-get update
root@kali:~# apt-get dist-upgrade
root@kali:~# apt-get install openvas
root@kali:~# openvas-setup