Dear all,

I'm using OpenVAS to scan large networks using default scan profiles. So
far so good. However, at some points during the scan, the system becomes
unresponsive, while OpenVAS keeps running and scanning. So the system
works, but very very very slowly until the scan finish.

Sometimes I can't even ssh into the system anymore. When this happens,
if I run a top command; while the command takes ages to succeed, it
doesn't show any particular overload. CPU and memory consumption are
perfectly normal, and actually even low.

So I suspect a problem of buffer; probably network buffers since this
happens only when scanning large networks (/22 or above).

Is there any /proc settings I could tweak to fix the issue ? I'm using
Openvas on kali linux.

Thank you !