Am Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2016, 03:12:26 schrieb Eero Volotinen:
> it means that you need virtual environment like virtualbox with linux to
> run openvas.
> or buy commercial product like tenable nessus

I do realize that there is need to better communicate that the commercial
alternative to OpenVAS is the Greenbone product series, the Greenbone
Security Manager appliances.

After all, using OpenVAS as a start and when it comes to professional setup
not bying Greenbone does not help the OpenVAS community.

I have a couple of ideas how to improve the visibility of Greenbone as the
commercial vendor of OpenVAS and at the same time continue to provide a
transparent GPLed solution to the community. The first idea is to derive a
"Community Edition" from our GSM ONE to replace the "OpenVAS Demo VM". This
will make it far easier to try out OpenVAS at no costs and without any
obligations and at the same time provides a clear hint about the commercial

Best regards

Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner |  +49-541-335084-0  |
Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück | AG Osnabrück, HR B
Openvas-discuss mailing list