Eero, thanks for your reply. I did get this worked out via the ova_503
instructions I found searching through the archives.

From: [] On Behalf
Of Eero Volotinen
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 2:23 AM
To: Hughes, Andy <>
Subject: Re: [Openvas-discuss] Troubles with new installation

You need to start needed services. I think it's openvas-scanner ..
Run openvas-check-setup .. to check status of the openvas installation.

I am trying to get a new installation working, and every scan I try returns a
message saying:

Start Task

Status code:

Status message:

Service temporarily down

Is this a common error? How do I get past this?  Running on Debian Jessie and I
am not a skilled *nix guy which doesn’t help.

Any help much appreciated,

Andy Hughes | IT | p: 301.939.1430 |<>
Aquilent - Innovating tomorrow's government
Top Workplaces, The Washington Post
Best Places to Work, Washington Business Journal
Top Workplaces, The Baltimore Sun
Government Contracting Firm of the Year, Tech Council of MD
Inc. 500/5000 Company
follow us @Aquilent<> |<> |<> | <>

Openvas-discuss mailing list<>

Openvas-discuss mailing list