Am Donnerstag, 18. August 2016, 18:35:04 schrieb LeBlanc Benjamin-Hugo:
> We are seriously considering deploying OpenVAS in our organisation, and we
> will most certainly opt for a distributed architecture that matches our
> network segmentation. We understand so far that a Master-Slave
> configuration involves two instances of OpenVAS, each slave running on its
> own Manager-Scanner binome. But since each such Manager "has to take care
> on its own to update the feed and release", while the Scanner synchronizes
> automatically with its Manager, could we instead use one single Manager,
> and bypass the Slave Managers to connect directly to multiple scanner
> components of OpenVAS, defined as additonal scanners in the web interface?
> I.e., instead of having one OpenVAS, PaloAlto and w3af scanner, running
> rather many instances of the OpenVAS one from one single Manager? And if
> so, how would that be handled by the Manager, performance-wise?

even in OpenVAS-9 it is foreseen to have a manager next to each scanner.

We do plan to change this beyond version 9, essentially wrapping the
the scanner with a OSP interface.

In version 9 we have done a first step into this direction: "Slaves"
as in OpenVAS-8 are now just a special scanner type and part of the
"Scanners".

--
Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner |  +49-541-335084-0  |  http://www.greenbone.net/
Greenbone Networks GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück | AG Osnabrück, HR B