Hi all,

I recently upgraded openvas from v8 to v9.

We monitor the scan results with check_omp from icinga/check_mk.

False positives are filtered via overrides by openvas.

Before the upgrade, check_omp showed the correct results, including the
applied overrides.

After the upgrade the overrides are ignored and I get critical/warning
alerts for most of our machines.

Example:

check_omp -H myopenvasserver --verbose --status --last-report --overrides=1
--username=myuser --password=mypass --task=mytask --details

Will try to connect to host myopenvasserver, port 9390...

OMP CRITICAL: 7 vulnerabilities found - High: 1 Medium: 5 Low: 1

Report did contain 1 errors

|High=1 Medium=5 Low=1

GSM_Host: myopenvasserver:9390

OMP_User: myuser

Task: mytask

Command failed

The "--override=1" switch seems to have no influence anymore. Additionally
the command shows the infos "Report did contain 1 errors" and "command
failed". I have no idea what could be the report error and what failed
exactly or how to debug that.

I installed openvas 9 twice from scratch, all default settings, fresh db, no
imports, no migration, but same behavior.

Do I miss something obvious? Someone having the same problem or can confirm
it as a bug (check_omp can be run locally, you don't have to have icinga to
do a test)?

If it is a bug, is this the right place to post or is there a better place?

System Infos:

Debian 8.8 Jessie

OpenVAS Manager 7.0.1 / Manager DB revision 184

OpenVAS Scanner 5.1.1

OMP Command Line Interface 1.4.5

Check-OMP Nagios Command Plugin 1.4.5

Kind Regards