I am also on version 3 of the SQLite...not sure if that makes a difference or
if OpenVAS uses version 2.

Installed Packages
Name        : sqlite
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 3.7.17
Release     : 8.el7
Size        : 795 k
Repo        : installed
From repo   : anaconda
Summary     : Library that implements an embeddable SQL database engine
URL         : http://www.sqlite.org/
License     : Public Domain
Description : SQLite is a C library that implements an SQL database engine. A
large
            : subset of SQL92 is supported. A complete database is stored in a
            : single disk file. The API is designed for convenience and ease of
use.
            : Applications that link against SQLite can enjoy the power and
            : flexibility of an SQL database without the administrative hassles
of
            : supporting a separate database server.  Version 2 and version 3
binaries
            : are named to permit each to be installed on a single host