Am 31.10.2017 um 17:19 schrieb Παναγιώτης Λεόντιος:
Please help me on this if you may.

After a normal Kali Update and a Feed Update for my OpenVAS installation, while trying to start openvas services got an error message. Running check-setup got the following error message:

*ERROR: redis-server is not running or not listening on socket: /var/run/redis/redis.sock *

The relevant log file is attached.

If anyone could I help I would really appreciate it. Don’t want to remove and install OpenVAS again!!!
just tell redis to put it#s socket where it is expected

[root@openvas:~]$ cat /etc/redis.conf | grep sock
# If port 0 is specified Redis will not listen on a TCP socket.
# Specify the path for the Unix socket that will be used to listen for
# on a unix socket when not specified.
unixsocket /var/run/redis/redis.sock
unixsocketperm 0777