Good morning everyone.

It would be nice if someone could help me on the issue below:

Just after updated the openvas database (NVDs, etc.) via its standard
method, and trying to run openvas-start, I got an error message and services
didn't start.

The openvas-check-setup, came up with the following error message:

1: Checking OpenVAS Scanner ...

OK: OpenVAS Scanner is present in version 5.1.1.

OK: redis-server is present in version v=4.0.2.

OK: scanner (kb_location setting) is configured properly using the
redis-server socket: /var/run/redis/redis.sock

ERROR: redis-server is not running or not listening on socket:
/var/run/redis/redis.sock

FIX: You should start the redis-server or configure it to listen on socket:
/var/run/redis/redis.sock

WHY suddenly it seems that the redis-server is not listening on its standard
socket and HOW can I FIX it?

Thank you in advance,

Panagiotis Leontios

Business Engineer | Project Manager | Consultant

BEng, DIC, MSc, MBA, IRCA Lead Auditor