Ok, so with an upgrade (and then another one) I just have a mixed bag of different issues across 3 installs. 2 of them i think are sorted (for now), but the last one has me a bit stumped, and isn't related to the subject/original topic.

Last night i did an upgrade via the repo on the three servers. It was to a level beyond where i was at, but not up to source code level yet. Everything installed ok, and scans started taking the time i would expect. I thought "IT'S FIXED!!!": Pleased i was.

But no such luck - this morning, although scans moved along and finished, 2 servers had issues. One had the manager stopped and the other had the scanner stopped, the 3rd was was chugging along fine.  Pleased i wasn't. On one of them i did some flushing and rebuilding and things came good again, am back scanning fast and all services seem to be remaining running.

I couldn't find a way to get the other one where the manager service wouldn't start working, so thought i would try to get it on the source-code level. Mohammad had just yesterday brought his repo up to source-code level, so I took a snapshot and did the upgrade and lots of stuff failed. I backed out to the snapshot point and tried again (i dont think i did anything different), things when smoother this time, and services seem to be running, but with the gsa 7.0.3 upgrade a problem was introduced which means i cant access the WebUI. I get the login page ok, enter my username and password, then get a one line text response of

"The request contained an unknown or invalid Host header. If you are trying to access GSA via its hostname or a proxy, make sure GSA is set up to allow it."

Searching for those words don't yield me answers beyond the fact that this error text was recently added to the gsad.c file in 7.0.3 (wasn't there in 7.0.2 which is what i am successfully running on the other 2 systems).

https://fossies.org/linux/misc/openvas/gsa-7.0.3.tar.gz/gsa-7.0.3/src/gsad.c#l_261
https://fossies.org/diffs/gsa/7.0.2_vs_7.0.3/src/gsad.c-diff.html

Seems like something isn;t right in the new GSA 7.0.3 version. Was wondering if anyone else has some input, although might be better to start a new thread?

Cheers
Thanks