From: Andrew Robinson <a...@rescor.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 11:46 AM
To: Alex Smirnoff <a...@eltex.net>; Stewart Joseph <stew...@lekcomp.com>;
openvas-discuss@wald.intevation.org
Subject: Re: [Openvas-discuss] "Are you dead?" Really?

Yes, _I_ appreciate the humor and irony. But the client didn’t find it even
slightly humorous, particularly when the nurses in the hospital almost
triggered the lockdown protocol because they thought they were under an active
threat. An over-reaction for sure, but as I try to advance OpenVAS as a
professional tool on par with it’s commercial sibling, Nessus, this doesn’t
make my job any easier.

I manually patched libopenvas_nasl.so.9.0.1 to change the string from “are you
dead ?” to “function check”

Something like this should be done in the OpenVAS source. Or at least make it a
string that can be set, and NOT default to “are you dead ?” no matter how
ironic or humorous that default might be.

On Apr 10, 2018, at 11:14, Alex Smirnoff