Hi,

On 21.08.2018 17:21, Hodei Lopez Castrillejo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’ve been battling OpenVAS’ Greenbone Security Assistant (GSA) for about
> a week now. I’ve developed some NVT’s, and I’m perfectly able to run
> them using openvas-nasl. They show all of their output correctly, and I
> can monitor that the traffic OpenVAS is sending is what I’m looking for
> (using WireShark).
>
> Four of my NVT’s run without issues once ran through GSA. But the other
> three are having no effect. Meaning, they not only don’t show any log or
> security_message, they have no traffic at all on WireShark! Only traffic
> is a ping, and that’s it.
>
> I’m just going INSANE. Any ideas of what should I follow with? I’m stumped.

without seeing / showing the code it will be hard to tell why you're
stuck here. Some common pitfalls with own NVTs are:

1. One single OID (script_oid) assigned to multiple scripts (each NVT
needs to have its own unique OID).
2. No rebuild of scanner and manager databases done (SIGHUP to
openvasssd and a openvasmd --rebuild afterwards).
3. The script isn't included in your used scan config
4. Any of the script_required_keys, script_required_ports,
script_required_udp_ports, script_mandatory_keys or script_exclude_keys
isn't matching what was detected at the target.

Generally you can set the log_whole_attack scanner option to "yes" and
watch the openvassd.messages during the scan if your scripts where
started at all. This openvassd.messages is also including the info if
e.g. a target was marked "Dead" and not scanned at all.

> Regards,

Regards,

--

Christian Fischer | PGP Key: 0x54F3CE5B76C597AD
Greenbone Networks GmbH | https://www.greenbone.net