Matthias Andree <ma+ov...@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de> said:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, James Yonan wrote:
>
> > OpenVPN 2.0 -- Project Update and Release Notes
> >
> > I'm happy to announce that the first OpenVPN 2.0 beta is here, and well
> > ahead
> > of schedule.  This is in large part thanks to a generous contribution by
> > Meetrix Inc. which has allowed me to work full-time on the project during
> > the
> > last month.
>
> In how far does the new OpenVPN 2.0 server require client upgrades?

If you run 2.0 in point-to-point mode (i.e. 1.x behaviour) no client upgrades
are required, with the caveat that some default options have changed.

If you want to use --mode server, then both the client and server need to be
2.0 because the client needs to support the --pull option in order to get
dynamic configuration info from the server.

James