Ralph,
I think you're right and I think it may cost to get the driver signed (which is an unreasonable request to make of James, before anyone makes it, given the amount of time he's already given for free to the project). Worse still, I have the unfortunate feeling that it may cost to resign the driver whenever it's rebuild (ie there are changes to it). A quick look on the web reveals this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/whql/policies/testing.mspx

That is of course, assuming that we're all talking about the same thing here? Personally I think a single warning box is not too critical a problem to live with, but that may just be me. Hope this helps...
        Mike  5:)