We will be releasing a new Windows GUI for 2.1 that properly uses the
management interface, and can be run by a user without administrator
privileges.  The GUI has already been developed and is available now
with our Access Server product.  We will be open-sourcing this Windows
client GUI as part of the final 2.1 release.

The new GUI is based on the portable WxWidgets library, and carries a
small footprint, so it shouldn't increase the size of the Windows client
installer by very much.

James

Carsten Krüger wrote:
Hello,

imho keep the current install too (or create 2 different installer) and
can add the link.

I think it wouldn't be a good idea to propagate openvpn gui for new
installations. It's dead.
Who ever like/need openvpn gui can download it from http://openvpn.se/

Maybe include both GUIs in the installer and mark openvpn gui as
deprecated (no default installation).

greetings
Carsten