Jon Onstott wrote:
Hello,

I am compiling OpenVPN and the TAP driver from source and would like the TAP driver to be signed so that it installs correctly on Vista (and doesn't pop-up warning dialog boxes). I noticed that the configure scripts attempt to do that if "signtool" is defined. Is there any way that I could sign the TAP driver?

I think for most people, signing drivers themselves would be more pain than it's worth. You have to get a special certificate from Verisign that costs ~$450/year. You have to get the full WDK toolchain from Microsoft.

I have thought about using the prebuilt TAP driver (from openvpn.net/prebuilt/ <http://openvpn.net/prebuilt/>) but the prebuilt binaries lag behind the current version and I need the TAP driver to be the most recent one possible.

The TAP driver in http://openvpn.net/prebuilt/ is based on rc22 which is identical to the driver that was just released with 1.2.0.

James