Hi,

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 09:32:05PM +1300, Jason Haar wrote:
> On 01/27/2010 09:17 PM, Gert Doering wrote:
> > Is this a single server listening on both ports, or is this two independent
> > servers?
>
> server running openvpn on tcp:1195 and udp:1195

So it's two independent processes.

> > (For a customer installation, I need a single server to listen on UDP/1194
> > and TCP/443, and as far as I understood so far, this was not possible)
>
> Yeah - can't be done. However, my problem is a client problem - you
> sound like having a server problem. "nobind" only works in client mode

Yes, sorry for hijacking your thread.  Your remark about the server setup
made me curious, so I jumped in.

Can't help you with the client problem, though.

> If you're using tun interfaces,  you'll need to split your pool range
> between the two instances.

Or extend the code to make "listen on multiple ports" possible.

>From a cursory glance, it won't be easy, as the code is full of special
cases (blocking/non-blocking, udp/tcp, client/server side, all somewhat
intermixed) and it will certainly require changes to data structures
and to the MULTI code as well.  Oh well.  Let's see what time brings.

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de