James,

It would appear a patch you committed breaks compile on FreeBSD.  Part of this
removes r.defined, which is looked for during compile on FreeBSD, and
specifically stops things during compile of tun.c.  The commit in question is
7fb0e07ec3f7c5f65 visible here:

http://openvpn.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=openvpn/openvpn-testing.git;a=commitdiff;h=7fb0e07ec3f7c5f6514523085dbe02ea6b8933e2

The configure line used is as follows:

$ ./configure --with-lzo-lib=/usr/local/lib
--with-lzo-headers=/usr/local/include --disable-depr-random-resolv
--enable-password-save --disable-pkcs11 --prefix=/usr/local
--mandir=/usr/local/man --infodir=/usr/local/info/
--build=amd64-portbld-freebsd9.0

Feel free to talk to me here or, easier for me, on IRC if you'd like to test.

Eric Crist