Hi,

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:07:40AM +0200, Arne Schwabe wrote:
> * Openvpn for Android is the first platform which does allow non CIDR
> routes (I think). In my port I print a warning in the GUI if I encounter
> something stupid like 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.255.0. The same goes the
> netmask of the ifconfig command.

I don't think we can really support that anyway - the IETF has deprecated
this sort of netmasks in RFC1519 (introduction of CIDR, section 4.2), and
all major operating systems do not support it anymore.

So the server side would not be able to handle that, unless running
on Android as well...

I'm not sure whether the openvpn code currently enforces it, but I
*am* sure that it will explode on Linux and FreeBSD as soon as you
try to actually ifconfig/route such networks.

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de