Hi,

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 04:10:54PM +0300, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> >> And always have pam dependency for this example?
> >
> > FreeBSD, NetBSD, all Linuxes and Solaris have PAM anyway.
> >
> > So make this "if pam libraries + headers are detected, install auth-pam,
> > otherwise, not".
>
> We already discussed the automatic detection and integrity failure as result.

Huh?  You're the master of Autoconf, and I'm sure you will be able to
produce a working PAM detection for those platforms that have it.

> >> These plugins should be optional I don't see any value in enforcing
> >> them and their dependencies.
> >
> > If these plugins are useful for a large number of users, there is no
> > point in not installing them by default.
>
> They are not.

Unfounded claim.

> Exactly because the are not useful, I am for the split.
> Anyway, if you follow the apache example there is explicit
> enable/disable to each.

And there are some that are enabled by default.  Your point?

> BTW: Packager of what platform are you?

openwrt.  Not that this is of any relevance.

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de