Hello Samuli,

Why didn't you use rpmbuild -tb <tarball>.tar.gz?
And if you have changes in spec file you should probably add this with
proper conditionals to the spec file within the appropriate package.

There should be no external resource maintained.

The debian packaging should also be integrated within project.

Alon