Hi,

On Mon, Sep 03, 2012 at 08:49:42AM +0200, Arne Schwabe wrote:
> Some BSD need the right salen, max(sizeof(v4),sizeof(v6)) does not work.
> Since sa_len is not a member in sockaddr for Linux and Windows and SA_LEN is
> no available on Darwin, NetBSD explicitly set salem

"Something sneaked into your keyboard"...

> +             getnameinfo(&addr->addr.sa, sizeof (struct sockaddr_in6),
> +                                     buf, sizeof (buf), NULL, 0,
> NI_NUMERICHOST);

... this very much looks like v1 of the patch...? :-)

Anyway, what about defining an openvpn_sa_len() macro that will either
use SA_LEN() if it exists, or fall back to

  #define openvpn_sa_len(addr) ( addr->sa.sa_family == AF_INET? sizeof(struct
sockaddr_in) : sizeof(struct sockaddr_in6) )

this will, of course, bite us when we implement IPv8, but should be fine
for 2.3...

(Is there something magic in Autoconf to solve this?  Must be a standard
problem...)

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de