Hi,

On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 12:10:37PM +0200, Jan Just Keijser wrote:
> Configuring openvpn can be daunting at first, but it is not nearly as
> bad as configuring PPTP , or - GASP! - IPSec+L2TP.

PPTP is actually way easier than OpenVPN :-) - why?  Because you have
much less choices regarding IP addresses and routing...  unless you
try to link two full networks (as opposed to client-to-server) with
PPTP, then it will get ... interesting :-)

[..]
> Dan also has a point however: we should watch out for introducing new
> features that nobody really understands how to use or why you would use
> them - the docs should be kept up to par with the features. My cookbook,
> for example, does not cover any of the features found in 2.3 like IPv6 -
> I hope I can write an update in the near future.

That update would be appreciated - while nobody wants to understand IPv6,
I consider it unavoidable in the near-term future (3-5 years at the
latest), so cooking recipes should cover it...

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de