Hi,

On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 09:17:31AM +0100, Tore Anderson wrote:
> * Gert Doering
>
> >> FWIW, I'd like to push the GNOME NetworkManager folks some more to
> >> implement IPv6 support in their OpenVPN plugin, which is currently IPv4
> >> only. This patch breaks one of the assumptions made there, in particular
> >> that IPv4 transport will always be used when OpenVPN is started
> >> "--remote <dns-hostname> --proto [tcp|udp]". I'm hoping that when
> >> dealing with that, which they'll have to do anyway, they'll seize the
> >> opportunity to implement IPv6 payload support as well.
> >
> > There!  I'll take you up on this now :-)  (thanks!)
>
> On it!
>
> BTW: Will this go into 2.3.3 or 2.4.0, and approx. when is the first
> alpha/beta/rc/whatever release containing it due?

It will not go int 2.3.3 - these changes are way too intrusive, and
2.3.2 -> 2.3.3 is meant to only receive "bugfixes" and "new features that
are needed for long-time client/server compatibility" (like the TLS
negotiation part).

It will go into 2.4.0 - I'm not promising anything, but about half
of the "really big things" are in the tree now, so it depends a bit
on Heiko's windows privilege separation patches - but we *might* be able
to do "February/March 2014" for a first 2.4_alpha.

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de