Hi,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:04:31PM +0100, Arne Schwabe wrote:
> I have not really an opinoion about 2.3 and what should go in there. At
> the moment it feels like release/2.3 is a "baby" master since almost all
> changes are cherry picked into it.

My current "rules" for application to release/2.3 are:

 - obvious bugfixes
 - changes important for long-term usability of 2.3
   (I think the main examples are TLS version negotiation & PolarSSL 1.2)

what does not get into there is

 - fundamental rewrites (dual-stack patches, preresolve patch)
 - large new functionality (the android patchset, the windows service pipe, ...)

so there *is* a difference :-) - but as long as we're mostly committing
bugfixes, it indeed looks as if everything goes into both branches.

These days, there's "lots of bugfixes", while I'm working my way through
trac...

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de