Hi,

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 11:55:15AM +0200, Arne Schwabe wrote:
> The option seems to be supported since Windows Vista. I think we should
> add something like this to the windows ifdefs (copied from
> http://marc.info/?l=apr-dev&m=121392734329754&w=2):
>
> +/* Ugly solution - only the Windows 2008 SDK or later have this symbol
> defined.
> + * The symbol doesn't guarantee that the socket option is supported on
> + * the runtime version of Windows, so we define it here (for build
> systems)
> + * and always check at runtime if it is supported.
> + */
> +#ifndef IPV6_V6ONLY
> +#define IPV6_V6ONLY 27
> +#endif

That's an interesting twist.  I wonder why MinGW does not have it
(or maybe my MinGW installation is too old).

And then we'll see whether it will blow up at run-time on XP or not -
having setsockopt() return an error is something our code will handle
("report, go on"), but on Windows, I wouldn't be surprised to see
"it fails with OS error" translate to "crash"...

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de