Am 23.07.2014 08:19, schrieb arno.oderm...@ch.schindler.com:
> Dear both,
>
> thank you for your reply.
> Yes, we are using the "--client-connect" and according to 2.3 OpenVPN
> manual (see section below) it does create files by writing to "file
> named by $1."
>
> Gert, we are sure, there was not a problem with the resources (eg.: max
> open files, max filed descriptors, etc.) on the system.
> What else can I do about it?

Do you impose lower per-process or per-group limits?

Did you exhaust the number of inodes on the /var partition (although you
should normally get ENOSPC in that situation).

Other than that, the proposal is to check lsof output with a few
connections there and also a few gone already, in order to see if there
are leaks.