On 10/12/14 08:09, Gert Doering wrote:
> In what kind of scenario would an OpenVPN server not be available, if
> the server itself still responds to pings?
> "The server process crashed".

LOL! It took Gert to spot the most obvious scenario ;-) That really
re-enforces what I think about this needing to be an "openvpn ping" type
solution: it is irrelevant if the server is up or even if openvpn tcp
ports appear to be open, it's only evidence that openvpn is working that
should be taken as evidence that openvpn is - well - working :-)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Corporate Information Security Manager, Trimble Navigation Ltd.
Phone: +1 408 481 8171