Hi,

I wanted to discuess (IRC) what exactly I should add to documentation.

It's like adding standard, secure and well defined hash-function for
use by plugins and then there are (N) different use-cases.

"\-keying-material-exporter label len
Save Exported Keying Material [RFC5705] of len bytes using label in environment
(exported_keying_material) for use by plugins in OPENVPN_PLUGIN_TLS_FINAL
callback."

"Keying Material Exporter [RFC-5705] allow additional keying material to be
derived from existing TLS channel. This exported keying material can then be
used for a variety of purposes. TLS allows client and server to establish
keying material for use in the upper layers between the TLS end-points"

It is nothing more then generating same keying material for client and
server plugins (OPENVPN_PLUGIN_TLS_FINAL callback)
without the need of transfer that key throught (D)TLS channel and/or app layer.

Daniel