Hi,

On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 9:20 AM, Gert Doering <g...@greenie.muc.de> wrote:

> In -std=c99 mode, WIN32 is not defined to be "1" anymore, but just
> "#define WIN32" - so the "#if WIN32" breaks, needs to be "#ifdef WIN32"

Indeed...

To depend on the compiler or system headers to define WIN32 was not a great
idea anyway. Using  _WIN32 or __WIN32 is probably more reliable. Or we
should define WIN32 in config.h. With std=c99, it seems WIN32 gets defined
by chance through some header pulled-in by syshead.h -- not something one
can rely on.

Compiler-defined macros with std=c99:
$ x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc -std=c99 -E -dM - </dev/null | grep WIN32
#define _WIN32 1
#define __WIN32 1
#define __WIN32__ 1

As for a quick fix, the patch takes care of misc.c, but  there is an issue
with block_dns.c as well. It does not include the required config.h and
syshead.h at the top before #ifdef WIN32, so now the whole file gets
skipped -- mea culpa, mea culpa...

I think we can just remove #ifdef WIN32 from block_dns.c (its compiled only
on Windows), and add config.h and syshead.h headers at the top. Then we
also need -I$(top_srcdir)/src/compat in src/openvpnsev/Makefile.am as
compat.h is included by syshead.h.

Thanks,

Selva