On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 12:00 PM, debbie10t <debbie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What happens if a remote user, who has admin access to their own computer,
> connects to a work VPN but they decide to change said config ?

A user who has admin access to their own computer can do anything to it:
including saving VPN passwords. Why would openvpn stop them doing that? The
question was about a sysadmin of an office not allowing their users to save
their openvpn passwords in an automated way. There is no way of ensuring
that if the user has admin access on their devices. Note that password is
saved on the client, not the server.

> I think the essence of my question is: does openvpn feel that there is a
> valid need for total server control of such an option ?

This is not something that the server can enforce, its about the user
interface on the client.  Server can make it easier for  the admin to apply
some options to all users (by pushing them), but that doesn't enforce user
behaviour.

Selva