Il 13/01/2017 10:09, Илья Шипицин ha scritto:

> <mailto:sam...@openvpn.net>>:
>
>     Il 06/01/2017 18:06, Илья Шипицин ha scritto:

>         <open...@sf.lists.topphemmelig.net
>         <mailto:open...@sf.lists.topphemmelig.net>
>         <mailto:open...@sf.lists.topphemmelig.net
>         <mailto:open...@sf.lists.topphemmelig.net>>>:
>
>             On 06/01/17 09:18, Илья Шипицин wrote:
>             > Hello,
>             >
>             > https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn/pull/77
>         <https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn/pull/77>
>             <https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn/pull/77
>         <https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn/pull/77>>
>             >
>             > I'm not sure about exact text (I need help from you),
>             > the idea behind those changes is to point developers who
>         use regular
>             > github workflow to a proper procedures (maybe there're
>         pages on wiki ?
>             > @mattock  ?)
>             >
>             > it will help to not lose PRs and will probably save time
>         of current
>             > developers
>
>             Two questions:
>
>             1) Can you explain what those .github/ files does?
>

>         those files are mark down templates for new PRs and new issues.
>         when someone open new PR, he sees such a template
>
>         https://github.com/blog/2111-issue-and-pull-request-templates
>         <https://github.com/blog/2111-issue-and-pull-request-templates>
>

>     Having a ".github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md" makes sense. Have you
>     tested if ".github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.rst" works as well? Rst is
>     what we use elsewhere.
>

> can you try PR to https://github.com/chipitsine/travis-openssl-test ?
>
> I am not familiar with rst. Does attached screenshot look ok ?

The rst format does not seem to work in this context. So let's add this
as .github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md:

# Thank you for your contribution

You are welcome to open PR, but they are used for discussion only. All
patches must eventually go to the openvpn-devel mailing list for review.
For details, see these Wiki articles:

* https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/Contributing
* https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/DeveloperDocumentation

--