Hi,

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 09:52:46AM +0100, Steffan Karger wrote:
> On 15-01-17 07:17, Pavel Raiskup wrote:
[..]
> > This option is primarily designed for systems where users are
> > allowed to manage trusted authorities for whole system (in one
> > consolidated file; usually implemented in 'ca-certificates'
> > package).
[..]

> Feature-NAK.  OpenVPN should use it's own CA, not the system CA list.

I could see the use-case (enterprise wide list of trusted CAs, and
use of it compiled into an enterprise-distribute openvpn bundle),
but I agree with Steffan that it's not something we need to have in
OpenVPN - "--ca" can reference to a CA bundle today, and enterprise-
distributed config files reference the enterprise-maintained CA bundle,
it will just work without code changes.

My main reason for not liking this is "another compile-time option" -
someone has to maintain and test this, with and without this option,
which adds to our maintenance nightmare.  So the gain has to be
significant.

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de