On 07/08/17 20:25, Илья Шипицин wrote:
[...]
>     > +"${top_builddir}/src/openvpn/openvpn" --help >/dev/null
>     > +
>     > +if [ $? -ne 1 ]
>     > +then
>     > +   exit_code=1
>     > +fi
>
>     This check is odd.  Where the --help option is parsed, it calls usage(),
>     usage_small().  And those functions will always call:
>
> Sometimes it segfaults.

That's no real argument, see below.

>        openvpn_exit(OPENVPN_EXIT_STATUS_USAGE);
>
>     And OPENVPN_EXIT_STATUS_USAGE is defined as:
>
>     error.h:#define OPENVPN_EXIT_STATUS_USAGE                   1
>
>     I would rather recommend you to grep for some information you expect to
>     be listed in --help and check if that was found instead.
>

> I tried to implement it with cmocka. However, I gave up

I didn't say this should be implemented in C and CMocka ... hence the
example below.  And that check below would implicitly account for SEGV
scenarios as well.

>     For example:
>
>     $ ./openvpn --help | grep -- ^-- | wc -l
>     238

But to do the spoon feeding:

optcount="$(${top_builddir}/src/openvpn/openvpn --help | grep -E -- ^-- | wc
-l)"
if [ $outcount -lt 220 ];
then
        exit_code=1