Hi Casper,

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 03:22:38PM +0200, casper....@oracle.com wrote:
> I recently run into the same problem as Jens Neuhalfen has reported
> more than a year ago in this mailing list.
>
> As I was somewhat confused why the shipped Solaris openssl version failed,
> I looked into that issue as I also wanted to run a recent
> openvpn on Solaris 11.x.

Oh.  That's the bit I missed - I tried reproducing it with various
openssl versions, but my OpenSolaris test VM is so old that the *shipped*
version didn't have GCM support yet...

> After I figured out where we went wrong, I filed:
>
> 26336744 Solaris specific cleanup code breaks gcm_aes for, e.g., openvpn
>
> which has now been fixed in oracle solaris-userland on git hub
>
> https://github.com/oracle/solaris-userland/tree/master/components/openssl

Cool, thanks a lot!

> It cannot say exactly when it will be in Solaris 11.3 SRU (patch) release.
>
> Current workaround is disabling AES-GCM for openvpn but that should not be
> needed in the future.

Is there a way to reliably detect this issue from a test program (or by
looking at system versions, like "uname")?  It might be worth adding a
configure test so users won't run into it ("AES-GCM disabled due to
bug 26336744 in Solaris OpenSSL").

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de