Il 08/09/2017 13:10, Jan Just Keijser ha scritto:
hi dev list,

someone asked me this question: how can one roll their own Windows OpenVPN installer, including a signed TAP driver? There's no need to rebuild OpenVPN or the TAP driver, but they do need to include other things, such as certificates, config files etc. Is there a way to repackage the existing TAP driver? are there instructions for that?

TIA,

JJK

Hi,

I meant to answer this earlier, but then apparently forgot. The tap-windows installer is simply embedded into the main OpenVPN installer, so the pre-existing, signed tap-windows6 driver can be reused as-is. An OpenVPN installer can be generated in the openvpn-build cross-compile environment:

<https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn-build>

Usage of openvpn-build is pretty well documented on Trac:

<https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/BuildingUsingGenericBuildsystem>

On this page you can find automated cross-compile environment setup scripts which work for Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04:

<https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/SettingUpGenericBuildsystem>

It is also possible to generate a new installer without actually building anything. The challenge is that the NSI install script (openvpn.nsi) in openvpn-build depends on a number of variables set during the build process, and on a certain directory structure. So it is generally easier just to rebuild everything.

--
Samuli Seppänen
Community Manager

irc freenode net: mattock