Hi,

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 11:33:02AM -0400, Selva wrote:
> I did a quick test on ubuntu trusty (14.04.05 LTS),  and as you pointed
> out, it fails while
> compiling block_dns.c because of some errors in the headers for the
> windows filtering platform API. All the bits are there so its possible to
> build
> after tweaking the installed headers (only a couple of lines) but not
> something
> one would normally want to do.
>
> It does look like targeting 14.04 is no more relevant.

I have some sort of mixed feedback from Samuli's buildbots here - it
*used* to compile just fine, but since the latest patch (removing the
"manual" dynamic linking stuff), it fails with

openvpnserv-interactive.o:interactive.c:(.text+0xee2): undefined reference to
`InitializeUnicastIpAddressEntry'

... so it seems 14.04 mingw does not truly expose all the Vista API bits.

OTOH, we can just document "16.04 is what you need" - that would work
for me, as cross-building is really not "I have this <any breed of unix
OS> and want to build and run OpenVPN here!" building...   (I have much
stricter requirements wrt breaking platforms for "run here" builds :) )

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de