Hi.
  You right. Disabled dhcp media sense can be set as global for all
interfaces or in adapter specific setting if it supports it (TAP supports
it).
But for must users is the global settings hidden deep in the system and for
me it took several months to find the cause of my problems. Interface
specific settings can be cleared by uninstalling and reinstalling OpenVPN.

Jiří