Am 11.10.18 um 20:41 schrieb Antonio Quartulli:
> tun.c and route.c contain all the code used by openvpn
> to manage the tun interface and the routing table on all
> the supported platforms.
>
> Across the years, this resulted in a longer functions
> and series of ifdefs.
>
> This patch introduces a new "networking API" which aims at
> creating a simple abstraction between the tun/route logic
> and the platform dependent code.
>
> The is API expected to be implemented outside of tun.c/route.c
> by using platform specific functionalities.

If I understand it right, the goal is to create a platform independent
API, Android needs either still hacks in the non platform specific code
or the API needs to communicate also

- route/adding addr before interface up
- type of route to add (android wants to ignores the host route to VPN
server and wants to isntall a 0.0.0.0/0 instead of two /1 even with def1
in place, the last one to workaround buggy Samsung code that special
cases 0.0.0.0/0 but sadly still needed.

Should we try to design the API right from the start to allow also for
these specifics?

Arne