Hi

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 11:40 AM Gert Doering <g...@greenie.muc.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have changed the Subject: and started a new thread, so that this
> isn't lost in the discussion specific to commit ce1c1beef1eb.
>
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 11:28:52AM -0500, Selva Nair wrote:
> > So now the question -- do we want to support Windows builds with OpenSSL
> > 1.1.1 in 2.4?
>
> Basically, we already do.
>
> Could you summarize what is current not working right in 2.4 + 1.1.1,
> and which patches we need to make it work?
>
> I admit I have lost track (many many patches related to TLS 1.3... some
> bring new features, some bugfixes) and could imagine everyone else being
> in the same boat.  Maybe except Arne ;-)

OpenSSL 1.1.1 prefers pss padding even for TLS 1.2 so when both client and
server are linked against 1.1.1 and cryptoapicert is in use we need the
last two commits:

1. commit 0cab3475a83e9bad35b0eeb39b9ca886e6afaf1e
Move OpenSSL vs CNG signature digest type mapping to a function

2. commit ce1c1beef1eb9ea776e00861117f72c4a1a6f1f8
Handle PSS padding in cryptoapicert

It may take a little more work than cherry-pick + conflict resolve for
these as cryptoapi.c in master has diverged from 2.4 due to EC key support
in the former.

Apart from that, management-external-[cert|key] requires a way to signal
pss or "none" padding  -- Arne's patch on that is pending review or
revision, I forget. But that's not specific to Windows.

Selva