Thanks for your guys reply.

The correct thing is that synchronous authentication increases the
probability of event loss.
But deferred auth is not what we need, we need deferred client-connect actually.
I have found that the patch set
"https://patchwork.openvpn.net/project/openvpn2/list/?series=413"; has
implement it.
But it has not been updated for several months. Is there someone still
work on it?  We test with it for client-connect script, and find some
bug.
I am very happy to provide if needed.

Илья Шипицин <chipits...@gmail.com> 于2019年4月17日周三 下午6:24写道:

> ср, 17 апр. 2019 г. в 15:19, Jan Just Keijser <janj...@nikhef.nl>:
>>
>> On 15/04/19 14:29, wei wang wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > For function multi_process_io_udp receive many events, but only
>> > process one at a time. Doest it cause the event to be lost?
>> yes it does
>> > In our test, we had create thousands of client. When clients connect
>> > to server at a time, for the clients which already connected on this
>> > server will not receive packet from tun device.
>> that is correct - this is known limitation of  the OpenVPN 2 code base.
>> Fixing this limitation is far from trivial, however.
>

> that is true.
>
> however you can choose "deffered" auth mode
> here's example https://github.com/mozilla-it/openvpn_defer_auth
>

>> HTH,
>>
>> JJK

Regards,