Hi,

On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 08:48:00AM +0000, Tom Yan wrote:
> How about printenv (without grep)?

Portability.

"env |grep" is POSIX standardized so should work everywhere.

printenv is a BSD invention, which not all unix variants are required
to have.

(Besides, printenv on its own cannot do "give me all environment variables
that start with 'with_'", which is exactly what we want here... so you'd
end up with "printenv | grep", which is less portable and more characters)