Hi,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 02:15:43PM -0400, mike tancsa wrote:
>     Will the sec issue with OpenSSL force a new release of OpenVPN ?
>
> https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv/20200421.txt

This is a question better asked on the openvpn-devel list.

But anyway: normally we do not statically link OpenSSL, so whenever your
Linux / BSD distribution updates OpenSSL, it will make sure OpenVPN
has the latest patch -> all good.

Now, on *Windows* we ship OpenSSL as part of our package, so if this
is an issue that is relevant for OpenVPN (haven't checked yet - some of
the security issues in OpenSSL in the past have not affected us because
we didn't use that functionality) we'll re-roll the windows installers,
bumping from "2.4.9-I601" to "2.4.9-I602".  So, no new OpenVPN release,
but new Windows installers.

On MacOS, I think Tunnelblick has to bundle OpenSSL, so you'll see
an update there as well...

Long story short: we'll look into the advisory, and then see what to do.