> Cannot we set some bit flags in options processing, like
>
> COMP_WARN_GENERIC  1 << 0 // Compression enabled, Compression has been
> used in the past to break encryption.
> COMP_WARN_ASYNC  1 << 1 // Enabling decompression of received packet
> only. Sent packets are not compressed.
> COMP_WARN_ALLOWED_YES  1 << 2 // Using '--allow-compression yes' is
> strongly discouraged for common usage. See --compress in the manual
> page for more information
>
> and handle them in options postprocessing -  excluding
> COMP_ENABLED_WARN_ASYNC if COMP_ENABLED_WARN_YES is set and printing
> the message?

Same explaination as last time when Steffan reviewed this patch. The
warning should also show up in pushed options. And I don't want to
complicate the logic for to avoid an extra warning for a corner case. We
reword the message a bit so that two messages are not that bad if both
are shown:

WARNING: Compression for receiving enabled, Compression
has been used in the past to break encryption. Sent packet are not compress
unless "allow-compression yes" is also set.

WARNING: Compression for sending and receiving enabled, Compression has
been used in the past to break encryption. Allowing compression allows
attacks that break encryption. Using '--allow-compression yes' is