Hi,

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 07:36:11AM -0700, James Bottomley wrote:
> > >  configure.ac                                  |   5 +
> > >  src/openvpn/crypto_openssl.c                  |   1 +
> >
> > These two hunks should go to the first patch.
>
> The configure.ac one adds the test Makefile ... it can't move.  The
> other pieces figure out what the dynamic extension is, which is only
> used by the test, so I think everything in the configure.ac change is
> in the right place.

Yeah, I misread the part about

+AM_CONDITIONAL([OPENSSL_ENGINE], [test "${have_openssl_engine}" = "yes"])

and assumed it's needed for the #ifdef in the openvpn code.

> The second is a bit more problematic:  Right at the moment openvpn is
> blind to local openssl configuration files.  To make the test work, it
> needs to be able to add an engine, which requires a local file, so it's
> only function is to enable the test, but it does add to openvpn
> capabilities, I suppose.

I think it should go to the first patch - so "all changes to openvpn
behaviour" are caused by this patch, and the test patch will only add
testing, not change behaviour.

On the actual patch itself, I do not understand enough of the engine
stuff to fully ACK it.  Arne or Steffan understand OpenSSL better.