Hi,

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 04:37:05PM +0200, Arne Schwabe wrote:
> This refactors the common code between mbed SSL and OpenSSL into
> export_user_keying_material and also prepares the backend functions
> to export more than one key.

I'd like to postpone this one for "after 2.5 branching" (so it would
go to master early in the "new master" tree).

We had the discussion on IRC yet on "when is the right time for
refactoring?" - and there's two sorts of refactoring patches, one
is for code that is very likely to see attention in it or close by
(context) due to bugfixes or other work - this sort of refactoring
I like to put in "before a release", so we can have bugfixes and
related work touch identical code in "master" and "release/2.5"

Then there is stuff like this one, which is complex and fairly
isolated - and I have the feeling that "more changes to this code
will come in master-to-2.6", so that one wouldn't benefit from
"also have it in 2.5", while the risk for "destabilize 2.5" is
slightly higher...  scales tipping the other way.

(Also: I have no test case for EKM yet, so let's not rush this)