On 16/09/2020 18:49, John A wrote:
> Hey y’all,
>
> I am new to this list and have been on listservs/majordomos since themid-90s.
> I visit here today to ask and hopefullyreceivean answer.
>
> I haveerrors of undefinedreferences such as:
>
> /tmp/ccDkPqm5.ltrans7.ltrans.o: In function `vpn_init()':
>
> <artificial>:(.text+0x1051): undefined reference to
> `openvpn::ClientAPI::OpenVPNClient::OpenVPNClient()'
>
> Isthere documentation somewhere that I can look over or an quick quip answer
> here of what obvious thing or stuff I am missing?

I would recommend you to have a look at the reference client implementation,
under test/ovpncli/cli.cpp.

But beware that the OpenVPN 3 Core library is designed to be a single
compilation unit (don't ask).  So you might need to do be careful how/where
you do the #include of the Core library, as well as being careful about how
you design your own compilation units.  In OpenVPN 3 linux, I do use multiple
compilation units, but needed to do some careful design around it.

> This in on CentOS 7 machine, x86_64, what more could I provide? Is there a
> slack group?

I've built both the cli reference client without any issues on CentOS 7, as
well as developing openvpn3-linux on RHEL-7 as the main development environment.

We're mostly on IRC, FreeNode in the #openvpn-devel room.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth
OpenVPN Inc