Hi,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 04:57:48PM +0200, Thomas Schäfer wrote:
> same problem, different message:
> with 2.5rc
> NOTE: unable to redirect IPv4 default gateway -- Cannot obtain current remote
> host address
>
> with 2.4.3 (version of my linux distributor) it still works in that
> environment / configuration
>
> both are compiled  with --enable-iproute2

And indeed, I find this in our tree...

commit 5340f56b62c9fe7ad892e815029321f378660714
Author: Antonio Quartulli <a...@unstable.cc>
Date:   Fri Jan 20 00:25:18 2017 +0800

    fix redirect-gateway behaviour when an IPv4 default route does not exist

    When no IPv4 default route exists, the "redirect-gateway" routine
    aborts even if the sub-option "local" was specified or if we are
    connecting to the remote host using IPv6.

I blaim Antonio for breaking it as part of the IPv6-only patchset
(which changed redirect-gateway flags handling)...  but if that is
at fault, it was me for ACKing it.

Yeah, thanks for re-testing, and re-reporting.