Hi,

On Fri, Oct 02, 2020 at 03:26:29PM +0200, François Kooman wrote:
> After testing connecting over native IPv6 to the VPN server, it turns
> out the IPv4 traffic is not routed over the VPN. This worked in older
> versions of OpenVPN (2.4.x) but no longer in OpenVPN 2.5rc2. I am
> testing with Windows 8.1, but the same was reported on Windows 10.

I can reproduce this on FreeBSD.

2020-10-02 17:53:07 NOTE: unable to redirect IPv4 default gateway -- Cannot
obtain current remote host address

Apologies for not *testing* this case - I need to improve my client side
test rig to better cover the 4 possible "default-gateway" combinations
(v4/v6, default-gateway for ipv4/ipv6).

As an explanation why this was overlooked - *these* client tests run
on my desktop machine and basement server, and they run without redirecting
gateway to avoid breaking my "normal work" networking.

The buildslaves run on VMs and have little other network activity, so
could very well test this (AND SHOULD), but their config is basically
a "slimmed down to the most important system-specific variants" of
the client tests on my desktop - we run less tests there because
everything takes ages, and the focus is on "this was broken on Solaris
at some point, so have test for it" (etc.) - but here, *more* tests,
at least on some of the buildslaves, would certainly be better (or
twisting some of the existing variants a bit).

Now, the server side tests also run between VMs, and the client side
for those has about 3 times the number of tests my workstation has -
but these are all focused on torturing server code paths (like, "if
I do this setenv, the client-connect plugin on the server will stall
for 20 seconds, and then FAIL - is this seen on the client?")...

Yeah, I'm annoyed at myself, and very happy that Francois found this :-)