Am 18.03.2021 um 21:52 schrieb David Sommerseth:
If this is due to an outdated pkg-config, I'm reluctant to give this patch an ACK.  Using properly up-to-date dependency stack should be a reasonable precondition to build OpenVPN.  If it is due to unavailable pkg-config, it's a different story.

We support RHEL7, which also has pkgconfig 0.27. So that is also a problem. And even if RHEL7 shipped a version that was recent enough, denying Ubuntu 16 support because an old dependency that can be fixed with this small change like would be quite a hyprocrasy as we supported old RHEL versions for a long time in OpenVPN often needing a lot larger compromises. In fact RHEL7/CentOS 7 is currently in my opinion only reason to still support OpenSSL 1.0.2, which has has reached end of life on 2019-12-31.

Arne